Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This Just In...

Today was my first day as a real Journalist. I was graced with a wonderful opportunity to write an article on an event going on at my school for On-Campus Hospitality Magazine. Yesterday, the Journalism department had a seminar?--I'm not sure what to call it, but all I know is there were five lovely well established Journalists, whom offered their personal time and GREAT advice. Four out of the five of them were Hofstra Graduates, and I was shocked by the low number of Hofstra Journalism students that showed up! This is FREE advice from experienced writers who have written and still do for magazines and newspapers such as Newsday, Elle Decor, Court TV, PC Magazine, and much much more! Okay, well back on topic, the Managing Editor from On-Campus Hospitality Magazine was offering any writer in the room to write an article on the event that was going on in the Student Center dining area and one of them would be published. Well, it seems like I was the only Journalist at the event! I've never written a real article before and quite frankly, I'M SCARED! This is an opportunity that just might aide me on my quest for a Fall internship this Summer, and I don't wanna blow it!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


xx
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.