Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Comeback Kid

It's Midterm weekish, or I think it is. My school hasn't officially called it midterm week, but I know that this week and next week I have a couple of exams my professors are calling "midterms." I put midterms in quotations because since high school I never understood the point of midterms. These exams only count for like .02% of your grade and are pointless. At least, that's what I think. BUT, they do give you a good overview of where your class grade stands and if you're close to practically flunking, you can make a comeback in the second half of the semester and hope you end up with a passing grade.

Photobucket
Boo, studying.

Speaking of comebacks, the Princess of Pop Britney Spears is back. Her new new music video, Womanizer, is filled with the old dancing Britney and when you watch the music video, you can't help but reminisce about her early days where her music videos were all about her dancing skills (think Baby One More Time or Sometimes). I'm so happy she's back because I'm a firm believer in second chances. So now that you're back to yourself B.Spears, don't F it up. You only get one second chance!

Job competition reality shows are also making a comeback. Stylista premieres tomorrow and quite frankly, I'm not all that excited. Like I said in a previous post, I understand reality TV competitions are all about giving people once in a lifetime chances, but what happens when that chance interferes with aspiring magazine editors like moi! The magazine industry isn't as thriving as it used to be (it'll get back up there, you just wait and see) and unnecessary competition is a pain in the you know what! On the other hand, I'm sure the show will offer up some sweet entertainment--if I muscle up enough energy in my finger to switch the channel to the CW network.

It seems like so many things are making a comeback. However, I do hope shoulder pads aren't on that list. Have you noticed any other comebacks?

---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.