Monday, May 18, 2009

So Long Sophomore Year!

Two years completed; two years still ahead. As I sit in my room staring at the walls that were once covered in posters, paintings and inspirational words, I can't help but release a bittersweet sigh and reflect on this past school year.

So long sophomore year!
A messy collage of my sophomore year.

This school year--although the Sophomore slump it was--has taught me a lot about myself and others. It caused me to realize that I am attending the right school and that I am picking the right career path. I've met so many amazingly new people and done so many amazingly new things that it boggles my mind. So join me as I reminisce and say so long to my sophomore year.

*I kick started sophomore year with Resident Assistant staff training. Here, I fell in love with the job position and my staff. Becoming a Resident Assistant has so far been one of the highlights of my college career. This job has allowed me to grow as a person in so many ways, and I don't know if I could ever let it go.

*Next, I had two amazing internships:

My internship at Seventeen magazine couldn't have been better. It solidified my dream for working in the fashion and magazine industry. I screeched with joy every time I saw my name in the magazine under interns, attended a couple of fashion week shows and shamelessly showed off the photo shoot I helped style. But most importantly, I met the most amazing people ever: my fellow interns and the editors.

My internship at House Beautiful magazine convinced me that I was made for the web (duh!). Sure I didn't know much about home décor going in, but now I can say I know a little somethin' somethin' about upholstery and reclaimed furniture; only a little. I also learned vital information about managing a magazine's Web site and wrote a couple of things for the site. Not to mention, my editor was the bombdigity. Yes. I said bombdigity.

*After attending Teen Vogue Fashion U with the cute La Petite Fashionista, I knew I had to chase after my dreams of working in the fashion industry with a little more oomph!

*My unhealthy obsession with cupcakes bloomed into something unexplainable.

*I turned 20 and had a mini-breakdown. What do you mean I'm not a teen anymore?

*I came to terms with my personal style: modernly conservative with an edge.

*I decided to try and devote most of my wardrobe to one color: red.

*Pinkrockcandy and I started a fashion club at our school (finally!).

*Last and most importantly, I realized the importance of making time for friends.

Oh sophomore year, where have you gone? Soon I'll be a senior looking for a "real world" job. YIKES!

---
Secretista

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.