Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Me, a writer?
Photo: About.com


As I sit in my room chatting online with my best friend, confessing to her that I'm watching the Sex and The City movie for the 15th, 16th? time (I've lost count it's horrible), I can't help but think about my love life or lack thereof. Hah, well, something that happened in church this past Sunday truly revealed how uhm, single I am.

My pastor asked, "How many mothers have a daughter who is of marrying age?" As soon as he asked that question, I saw at the corner of my eye an arm go up. That arm was of my mother's (WHAT THE...?!)!
I snapped my head at her and said, "PUT THAT HAND DOWN!" My older brother began to chuckle uncontrollably. "I'm not of marrying age. I'm only 20 and I don't have a boyfriend!" I screeched.
My mom laughed and said, "Well, some gals do get married at your age."
"Yeah, some gals. Not THIS gal!"

Needless to say, I've come to terms that there'll be no Sandy & Danny esque summer lovin' this year. Thus, I'll be focusing on me. Especially my writing. I guess I'm some kind of a writer--being a print journalism major and all who has aspirations of one day writing a book or books. I just figure it's better I focus on improving the one thing in my life I have going for me--HAHA! So expect longer posts as I explore this talent(?) of mine.

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.