Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Campus Relations

Apparently, the seminar on Web 2.0 I went to tonight was fully intended for P.R Majors. But you know me, Miss Do-everything--I just had to go! Filled to the max, Hofstra's News Hub was 80% P.R Majors, 10% Journalism Majors, and 10% etceteras. Steve Rubel, a Hofstra Graduate & P.R extraordinaire, was the speaker and boy did he have A LOT to say; it was all very informative! He touched upon the Internet and how we should and do use it to collaborate and connect. However, I often ponder if this fast-paced and easy connection could back fire? May be. He also talked about, us, bloggers--we are taking over the world my friends! It also made me realize that I am here in College to market myself--yes, I said market myself. Oh, and I guess get an education. Did you know most companies Google their potential employees?! Google yourself and see what you find; I Googled myself and what I found is very interesting! But anyway, from what I observed tonight, the P.R kiddies got it right, their self-promotion state of mind just might help them in the future. Once Steve Rubel was done talking, the clearly P.R Majors asked very insightful questions; I was impressed. Public Relations seems like such an interesting Major, but I love journalism and will stick with it til the day I die, but who truly knows what the future entails?!

The supposed BIGGEST Spring job fair EVER was today; that was bust. Seriously, there was one publication there. The New York Times DIDN'T SHOW UP! I met a lovely new publication though, Neighbor Newspaper; it's like a compilation of all the local newspapers in the area, so it's pretty new and innovative. And I love new and innovative things! Oh well, I'm looking to get into the glossies anyway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xx
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.