Friday, June 6, 2008

I Hate Celebrities

Okay, just kidding. But seriously, why are we so infatuated with them? Is it because they have a life far more interesting than our own? Well that might be it and I will admit that I too am guilty of gawking at their lives. I bring this up in the wake of a conversation I had with co-workers yesterday.

One of my co-workers had an interview yesterday with the PR firm that put on the after party of the Sex and The City Movie, and in response to her announcement, another co-worker of mine said, "You'll be the next Micah Jesse." For those who don't know, Micah Jesse is basically the Perez Hilton of the East, and he happens to go to my school. He's friends with a lot of celebrities and well, he's I guess "famous". He got his shot to fame by interning at a PR firm. The two girls then proceeded to talk about how awesome and cool he is and yadiya--simply for the fact that he's uh "famous". I'm sure he's a really cool and sweet dude, but honestly, who cares? And not just about him. I'm talking about celebrities in general. Why are we so infatuated with them?! I'm beginning to stop caring about them by not watching E! News as much because seriously if you were famous, wouldn't you find it creepy if Jane Doe in Minnesota knew more about your life than you did? Yea, exactly.

So I'm taking a vow. I'm taking a vow to stop caring about the personal lives of celebrities. If the headlines tomorrow reads "SJP Walks Her Dog", I'm flipping the page because who cares? I don't and you shouldn't either.

Shameless plugs:
I'm featured on studentbloggers.org. Are you a College student and a blogger? Well then join student bloggers silly!

Hey you, if you're spending your weekend indoors because of the heat, browse first30days.com.

Jaye Mag July issue out soon!

---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.