Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend Delights: Slow Down

Photobucket

This weekend my friends reminded me that ONE, I do have friends and TWO, I need to slow down and appreciate life. Some of us live in a fast-paced world and I unfortunately contribute to it. I am guilty of getting so caught up in my family and work duties that I don't even stop to contact my friends and find out what's going on in their lives. I mean, every now and then I'll send them an "I love you!" or a "What's up?" but nothing beats quality time. Nevertheless, the four of us girlies jumped into one car and headed down to the beach while blasting music, having catch-up conversations, and flirting with cute boys in the next car.

Photobucket


While at the beach, I didn't swim. I'm not much of a swimmer due to a horrific accident as a child where my face was smashed on the ocean's floor--leaving me with open cuts in my mouth from my braces. Oh, and I don't like getting my hair wet (if you're a 'sistah', you'll understand), haha. Well anyway, I decided to wear an orange sundress. The sundress was a big hit on the beach; I caught some cuties looking at me :]. Eh, and a creepy old man making gestures our way. My dress oozed of fun and effervescence that it reminded me of the Resort 2009 Christian Dior collection. I felt like standing by the shore line and letting the ocean wind blow through my dress! Oh wait, I did do that.

Although this weekend was fun, and sent me into a world of giddy girlishness on the verge of adulthood, it's time for me to return back to the fast-paced world of mine. Man, why can't life always be this easy?

---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.