Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Obsession: Creatures of Habit

Photobucket


During my senior year of high school, my journalism teacher used to always say, "We're all creatures of habit..." I understood what she meant, but never thought it applied to me--until today.

I do everything, for the most part, the same... everyday. I get out of bed the same (hitting snooze 3 times), and I get dressed the same. In addition, I usually style myself... the same (a dress/skirt or jeans/pants) Why is this? My habits don't stop there either. Down at the cafeteria in the office building, the sandwich maker knows what I want.

"Grilled chicken and lettuce in a whole wheat wrap please," I casually say.
Her response, "Yup, and no pickle right?"
"Right!"

To relate this to fashion, someone once said that you should create a look for yourself and just keep adding pieces that enhance it. Thus, feeding human nature for habits and rituals. I guess having set habits isn't exactly a bad thing. In a way, it kind of defines who you are and gives you character. Wouldn't it be nice to have a signature look? And so I wonder, what's my signature look? My headbands? My dresses? My... smile? Hmm.

What are some of your habits and rituals?

---
Secretista


P.S. I had another Crumbs Bake Shop cupcake from the cafeteria. I'm obsessed.

Photobucket

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.