Monday, November 24, 2008

Parents Do Understand

Yesterday while doing my homework, or eh, trying to do my homework, my cell phone rang. It was my dad! And through our conversation, a portion of my worst nightmares came into place. This may sound strange, but the Internet is my safe haven away from my family, so when I found out my dad decided to Google my name, I was scared my blog would come up **Gulp**. Well, here's how the conversation went down.

Dad: Hiiiiii honey!!
Secretista: Hi dad!
Dad: What are you doing? Homework?
Secretista: Yeah...
Dad: So listen, your uncle called and said he saw you on the Internet... YouTube?
Secretista: ?!?! Oh yeah, my resident had to interview me for a journalism project of hers.
Dad: Oh yeah, yeah. So I decided to go on Google and type in your name...
Secretista: **Widens eyes**
Dad:
...and see what else came up. I see your school articles come up.
Secretista: Yeah, we put our school paper on the Internet.
Dad: And what is this JAYE?
Secretista: Just this online magazine I sort of work for. I'm getting clips through it!
Dad: Yeahhh I seee. That's good, getting yourself out there. That's ma girl! I'm going to print your articles, okay?

And then our conversation some how changed to pancakes? But ultimately, I could tell he was proud of me and behind my decision to enter the world of journalism. Sure my dad would rather have me become a doctor and have a "secure" career, but he just wants me to be happy. I guess parents do understand.

---
Secretista


P.S. Be sure to check out the December 2008 issue of JAYE Magazine! I'm the Accessories Editor now, with a special page **grins**. Click the image below or any of the JAYE links above to read the latest issue.

Photobucket

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.