Monday, January 5, 2009

Peanut M&M Bondage

"We're so spoiled," said a friend of mine last night as we sat in my campus room doing a little art & crafts. What she was referring to as "we" was the United States population. It's winter break and the two of us have made a commitment to working out every day for the next three weeks, sort of. She said, "Here we are complaining about working out for an hour when there are people who pretty much do physical labor for more than 12 hours a day in other countries." And the sad part, it's so true. Sometimes I forget how good I have it as an American.

Photobucket
A bag filled with 48 Peanut M&M's packets.


This makes me feel bad about my next obsession: Peanut M&M's. My love for Peanut M&M's reminds me of my childhood. Growing up, I had a love for these candy-coated creations, hair clips, and Mary-Jane flats. These three things were all things my mom and I bonded over. And so while my young years were filled with curious thoughts as to when I would get my next Peanut M&M's fix or what hair clip and Mary-Jane flat I would wear to church, girls like Long Pross are worried about starting a new life for themselves after being forced into sexual slavery in their tween years; The New York Times reports.

Be grateful for what you have. I am.

---
Secretista
18 days 'til my birthday!!
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.