Friday, March 6, 2009

Women's HERstory Month

Ha-ha. Get it? History--HERstory. I think it's clever; my school is calling March Women's HERstory Month and hosting events on campus in which there are different stories told about different influential women. And as a women's studies minor, my inner "feminist" is itching to come out. Okay, I lied. I'm not really a "feminist," but I love the idea of women being empowered. So when I saw that Glamour magazine was giving a tribute to "female risk takers, rule breakers and style makers" by having young starlets pose as them, I couldn't help but hold up my peace sign and say, "Girl power!"


Alexis Bledel as Rosie the Riveter
Alexis Bledel as Rosie the Riveter
Photo:
Glamour magazine


Check out the complete slideshow on the Glamour website.


---
Secretista

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.