Thursday, April 23, 2009

Procrastination To The Max

Secretista.com


It hit midnight last night and like clock work I went up a couple floors in my residence hall to visit a friend. The intention of my visit was to take a "break" from my homework; ha. Her roommate, a floormate, her and I sat in her room talking and complaining about school. You know, instead of actually doing our work. My visit that was supposed to be for no more than a half hour turned into two hours of boy bashing, laugh rendering and life evaluating conversations. Sure I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m., but I don't have class until 11 a.m.

Back in the day I was never one to procrastinate. Assign a project that was due in a month, I started it that day; however, college has done something to me. Or, it could just be what I call "Spring Semester Fever," which is when you don't feel like doing anything because summer is right around the corner and you're just sailing by getting your work done--but at the last minute. I also think procrastination is just a phase all college students go through. At least, I hope so because procrastination will do me NO good in the future.

But for the time being, I'll embrace it and not hide it:

Women's Studies Professor: "Class, when do you want the final paper due? The last day of class or the day of the final?"
Classmate 1: "The day of the final!"
Classmate 2: "The last day of class!"
Women's Studies Professor: "Okay, we'll take a vote." *counts hands* "Wait, it's even. Who didn't vote?"
Secretista: "Me. I'm indifferent because either way, I'll wait until the last minute to do it."
Classmates sitting near me: "Hahaha! So true!"

What's your take on procrastination?

---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.