Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back-To-School Tip By The Book

In two weeks from now, I'll be back at school gearing up for a new school-year (already? Say it ain't so Toto, say-it-ain't-so!). I recently received a by-the-textbook tip from the people at Textbooks.com.

"The biggest mistake that many students make when purchasing their textbooks is that they wait too long. The secret to reducing the cost of a student’s textbooks is to shop early when the used books are plentiful. Used books save money – big money, especially when the used books are bought online on sites like Textbooks.com."

Textbooks by far are one of the biggest expenses a college kid can have next to food and living. I remember my freshman year, I spent a total of $500 on books--my fall semester. $200 being my Chemistry book for the Chemistry class that I dropped a week later. A paperweight that my school wouldn't buyback because the creators of the horrid textbook were already working on a newer edition! HOW DARE THEY?! If only I knew about Textbooks.com back then... That's $200 I will never get back. $200 I could have spent on two to three pairs of shoes from Aldo or on a spiffy winter coat from Zara. Woops, I already did that.

Luckily for me, I have a lot of older friends who are the same major as me and relinquish their textbooks to the Secretista Book Fund (that I just made up) when they are done. If I don't already have the book in my possession, I order them online. The books at my school's bookstore are just too darn expensive! So fellow college comrades, yell hooray for a site like Textbooks.com.

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.