Friday, August 14, 2009

Lost Scent of Identity

Perfumes
Pink Sugar; Bloom by Reese Witherspoon; Fancy by Jessica Simpson

As long as I can remember, I've been obsessed with having a signature scent. When I was in Elementary School, it was whatever Juice Bar (remember those?!) kiddie perfume that was sweet smelling at the time. In my mallrat years aka Middle School, I raided Bath & Body Works. I especially loved the Moonlight Path and Warm Vanilla Sugar fragrances. And in High School, I fell head-over-heels for Pink Sugar from Aquolina. I did test the scented waters with every one of Britney Spears' perfumes, as well as, Hilary Duff's With Love (which I still love), but remained faithful to Pink Sugar. The sugary perfume just smells so darn yummy! When I walk into a room, people know that I have arrived because that's MY smell. I love being told I smell like cotton candy. It makes me feel sweet! Nevertheless, I concurred that any sugary and vanilla-y scent smelled dandy on me.

But in recent months, my pops bought me a new perfume. And ever since that first spritz of Fancy by Jessica Simpson, I've been having a Lost Scent of Identity. I'm not a teenager anymore, so I wonder if Pink Sugar is still an appropriate scent for me? Should I spray myself with something that's more mature? Or should I hold on to my youth with a smell so vibrant and sweet-rendering like Pink Sugar? I just don't know. Throw Bloom by Reese Witherspoon into the mix (a gift a-la my internship) and now I'm really confused. Bloom smells like flowers. I'm not a big fan of flowers (I have allergies), but I'm open to new fragrances. So as I sit here staring at the three scent selections on my dresser, I can't help but wonder, does our scent define who we are?

What's your scent?

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.