Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello Lover! My Sex and The City NYC Tour Experience


Photo Courtesy: Zimbio.com

Never in my life did I think I would go on an a New York City tour. When I say never, I mean never-in-a-million-years. I don't like being a Tourist nor do I like Tourist, especially New York City Tourists--they're like pack rats who congregate in Times Square. I'm really just not a fan of crowds.

Well anyway, when someone from On Location Tours shot me an email offering me a Sex and The City or Gossip Girl tour for free (that was for you FTC), I jumped on the idea. For those who don't know, I'm a huge SATC fan. I've watched the first movie over 20 times and can recite lines like it's no man's business. So secretly, I've always wanted to go on one of these tours but could not let the inner New Yorker in me allow myself to do so. Needless to say, I'm so glad I went on the tour!!

The mini trip into Carrie Bradshaw's land allowed me to see the real beauty of the concrete jungle I've come to know and love. From Uptown to Downtown, my buddy Noel of Miss Couturable and I visited most of the spots the TV show and movie were shot.

Sex and The City portrays NYC like this fantasy land and well, it sort of is. Our spunky tour guide showed us so many great places to dine, have fun and most importantly, shop! One of the last stops on the tour was to the infamous Magnolia's Bakery on Bleecker Street. The tour guide fed us some cupcakes and then we were able to roam around Bleecker for 20 minutes. During these 20 minutes, Noel and I, stumbled into Cynthia Rowley's store. As we walked in, I instantly saw a familiar face. It was Cynthia Rowley HERSELF! I nudged Noel and whispered as quietly as I could, "THAT'S CYNTHIA ROWLEY!!!" I'm surprised we were the only people in the store that realized it was her. I then snapped this picture of her and Noel and we continued to browse the lovely store.

All in all, I'm surprised at how much fun I had on this tour. I guess being a NYC Tourist isn't that bad...

xoxo

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.