Friday, December 4, 2009

My College Life Confidential

Ah, the fall 2009 semester is almost over! I can see the light at the end of the paper and project stuffed tunnel. The past couple months have been a whirl wind of experiences that spun my head in a billion circles. I've been up to my same student shenanigans but took up some recent projects I'd like to share!

In my magazine class, another student and I were in charge of a fashion photo spread. I love sprinkling fashion every where I go, so when we were delegating stories for the semester-ly mag, I jumped on the idea of a fashion story. I hoped my amazing onetime experience on a photo shoot for Seventeen would help me not make this an entire flop. The shoot turned out to be a complete success, thanks to my handy partner--er--editor in crime Matt.

Here's a look behind the scenes:

Chelsea Pulse


^^That's my buddy Chelsea of PinkRockCandy working the camera. She was a huge, huge help on set! She's also the Vice President of the fashion club we started on campus. It's called 'FIERCE!' because we are hooked on making our school more fashionable and well-aware of the fashion industry. The club is relatively new and we've had a successful semester. We concluded the semester with Super Model Shirley Mallmann coming to speak to the students. Read about it by clicking here. Mallmann reopened my eyes to how important models are in the fashion industry. Check out a recent video she did with Henri Bendel below. It's absolutely amazing! The Hofstra Fashion Club aka FIERCE! is growing and we hope that by the end of the spring semester, we'll be well-known on campus.


Lastly, I recently started a new site with fellow blogger Christina of Candybox. I've been thinking about this new venture for a long time and I'm glad I finally made the step to create it. Say hello to my new baby ALDO Addicts Anonymous.

ALDO ADDICTS ANONYMOUS

That's right, I took my ALDO addiction to a full-blown website. AAA is a picture blog of all ALDO treasures. Email us pictures of your goodies to addictedtoaldo@gmail.com!

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.