Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Not Super Woman

Dara Dancing
Me mid dance at a Fashion Club event.

FINALLY. The Spring 2010 semester is almost over (one more day of classes!!). I can smell and taste Summer. This semester was by far the worst. It kick-started with some devastating family news, which I still haven't really dealt with because I've been too busy working to truly mourn; but, how do you mourn? How do you mourn for someone you loved unconditionally who died thousands of miles away not remembering who you were due to an illness? I don't know and that is what kills me every single day during my normal daily hustle and bustle. The semester continued with professors I thought I would love turning into head-nodding rendering speakers and a student body that made me want to rip out my hair because everyone seemed disinterested in everything. Anyway, enough of the extra deep stuff.

If there's anything I've learned this semester, it's that I'm not Super Woman. It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I'm a huge multitasker with a slight Type A personality who thinks I can do it all... at the same time. I've come to learn that yes, I can do as many things as I want, but it all comes with heavy sacrifices. I don't remember the last time I had a good night sleep. In fact, I am writing this post at 4 in the morning instead of sleeping (I mistakenly took a nap after class and screwed up my sleep clock.). Anyway, I've made a decision to stop devoting my time to things that I do not 100% care about. I'm over spreading myself ultra thin. I mean, who wants to eat a sandwich with a thin layer of peanut butter?! Not me. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I don't feel complete unless I'm trying to save the world while writing a 5-paged paper on Japanese Literature; but, I need to learn my limits because after all, I'm not Super Woman...

Yet.

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.