Monday, June 7, 2010

College Chronicles -- Courses

Aaand, I'm back to blogging regularly!

I've decided to write and reflect on the past 3 years and the next year of my life as an undergraduate college student in a new series on my blog called College Chronicles. I've been informally blogging about my college adventures, but now I've decided to log it -- story style. Enjoy!

Brr, it's cold.

It's always so freakin' cold in this classroom. Why are the windows open? It's the end of February!

I'm at my 5th and final class of the day, Italian Literature. It's 2:15 in the afternoon and I've been running on fumes -- pulled another almost all-nighter; I stayed up till 4am to finish writing a paper (I'm a slight procrastinator). How I made it to my 8am class on-time is still beyond me. Why I look like shit, is beyond me as well. Oh well, only 90 minutes until lunch. I can make it.

A sharp pain shoots me in my left temple.

No, I can't make it.

Frantically I search the front pocket of my backpack for a piece of gum and mumble to myself, "C'mon, I know I have a piece of Orbit Bubblemint lying around somewhere in here. A-ha!" I touch something that feels like a stick of gum. I pull out my hand swiftly and oops, that's a tampon. I hope none of my classmates saw that. I sift around in the pocket some more and finally pick up a piece, shove it in my mouth and shut my eyes as I savor the sugary mintness. I hope no one in my class saw that either.

My peppy preppy professor jolts into class. He's like a lightening bolt, always super charged about the day's lecture. I wish I felt the same way, but unfortunate for him, I dislike the literature for our class. And to top it off, I'm not a naturally deep thinker and Professor Pep loves to take it to that level.

"The virtue of the characters are tested in this story," Professor begins his rant on this week's reading. "As we see on page..." I zone out. Sorry Professor, you lost me at virtue.

The last time I was involved in a class discussion about virtue was the previous school year during the fall semester of my sophomore year in a philosophy course. Worst course decision, ever. That is when I decided that I was not a pointless deep thinker (watch: Annie Hall) and knew that it would take a large army within me to push through courses I did not like...

... Eh, that's all I've got for now...
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.