Friday, January 11, 2008

I get it


Top: Forever 21
Tank: Macy's
Pants: Mandee
Galoshes: Coach/Macy's


My dad hates my galoshes (rain boots); he thinks they are ugly, but he just doesn't get it! Well, as you can tell, it rained today on the island. It's mucky and nasty outside, but who cares because I got to wear my galoshes ;]. They came in handy for my cross campus errands.


Moving on, today at lunch as I sat in the student center cafeteria eating my grilled chicken wrap and reading Vogue, I made this astonishing (in my eyes) discovery. I get it. I finally get what Fashion is about. For years, I knew that I loved Fashion and all that came with it, but I never fully committed because I was still perplexed by it's entirety. But today at 1:15 PM, I got it. Sure I have my own views on what Fashion is to me, but what it is and what has to do with it, makes sense. It's not just about the clothes. It's about the models, the advertisement, and the influence it has on society. Fashion my friends, is a great thing.


Yesterday I read an article in Harper's Bazaar that talked about detoxing, and it got me thinking. I think I might wanna detox my body--sometime in the near future. I can't really afford all that stuff, yet. But, it sounds like a good idea. I've been on this health trip for quite some years now, but I am just starting to settle into it (if only my family would join me). I am going to start Yoga sometime in two weeks. I can't wait; it's so relaxing and it allows me to clear my head. I think I'll be doing it in the morning. I wanna train my body to be a morning person. I hate getting up in the morning which causes me to rush and be late to wherever I need to be, so I think that forcing myself to wake up early will be good for me. I'll be ahead of the game when it comes time for me to wake up early for a real-life job.

Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.