Thursday, May 29, 2008

Intern and The City

Photobucket

Yes, that's right my dearies. Yours truly will be interning in the city this Summer. And all I have to say is, it's about time! When my plans to be an Orientation Leader fell through, I had to scramble for last minute Summer internships. Ed2010 became my new hobby; I checked it at least 10 times a day, applying for every internship I thought would offer up a great learning experience. And out of the 60 + resumes/cover letters I sent out, I only received five interviews. Let me say that again, I only received FIVE interviews. Where will I be interning? Well, you can consider this a shameless plug, but there's this great website first30days.com. And being that they will be one of my many employers this Summer (I have a part time job and I work for JayeMag), it'll be worth your while if you go visit it :)!

I'm not afraid to admit that I do want a lifestyle (minus the sex) similar to Carrie Bradshaw from SATC, and I think that this internship will give me a taste for what it's like having to travel in the city daily. Well in my case, 3 days out of the week. I love the city and I can't wait to start work this Monday.

Now, what's really important is, what do I wear on my first day?!

---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.