Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Still On Hiatus: This Makes Me Angry

As I am taking a break from writing one of the three essays that are due in thirteen hours, I browsed onto FabSugar and stumbled upon a clip for a show entitled Stylista. If you're like me--looking for an internship/job in the magazine industry--then you would have already heard a little buzz about the happenings of a reality show similar to The Devil Wears Prada. One of the eleven contestants will be rewarded with a coveted paid position in the Editorial department of Elle Magazine, a lease on an apartment in Manhattan, and a clothing allowance at H&M--all for one year.

Honestly, this show makes me angry. Yes, it's an opportunity of a lifetime, and I'm sure it WILL be entertaining. But what makes me angry or annoyed is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of us who are eager to get into the Fashion/Magazine industry and we have to work our butts off doing what we can to be seen as a creditable Fashionista/Journalist, and all these eleven individuals have to do is go on a reality show, perform demanding tasks, and one of them will be handed an impressive position.

Is this fair, or am I just being a big baby?
---
Secretista
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.