Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back Into The Swing of Things

Seriously. The past month has been a total whirlwind. From adapting to my new role as a Resident Assistant and balancing my life as a part-intern part-student, my head has been spinning in different directions. But strangely enough, I like it? Ha. Well the other day, my political science professor said something very interesting that couldn't be more than true. She said, "The saying goes, man plans and God laughs." What does this mean? Well my lovelies, it simply means that certain things, no matter how hard we try, cannot be planned. So as I planned to begin my regular posts earlier this week, you can tell that it obviously didn't happen.

Photobucket
Fellow intern hard at work.

Moving on, life as an intern is interesting. Like I said in my previous post, the fellow interns and I work very well together. I honestly expected a competitive atmosphere, but we're all just there to get the experience and learn something new. Usually, people do internships with the intention of getting hired. Don't get me wrong. Working as an editor for a big-time magazine would be fabulous, but HEY, I'm only a Sophomore! I've got plenty of time, ya dig? And as much as I may try to map out my career/future, I can never really plan the future for myself. Things just happen. I think it's called fate.

So yesterday I was graced with the opportunity to attend Tadashi Shoji's fashion show (!!!). Fun fact: he designed my prom skirt. All I can say about the show is that it was uh-mazing. From the music to the clothes, I fell in love with the entire show/collection. OH! And it didn't hurt that I had a seat... in the third row!

It's September and for many of us it means back into the swing of things. You can see my life is a little crazy right now. How's your September going?

---
Secretista

P.S. I let all my comments back up, so I'm slowly weeding my way through all of them. E-mails sent directly to me have priority.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.