Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ask Secretisa: What's your favorite book?

Growing up I hated reading. But now, I don't mind it so much. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. Over the summer I read 4 or was it 5(?) books. I don't remember, ha! I might have also not liked reading as a kid because my dad always tried to stuff any book down my throat. I'm not rebellious by nature, but if you have your father constantly chastising you for not reading, you won't want to read. Nevertheless, one reader asks, "What's your favorite book?"

My favorite book is "The House on Mango Street" by Sandra Cisneros. I first read it my senior year of high school and have been in love with it ever since. It's a series of vignettes (small stories w/ in a novel) about a girl who moves to Mango Street with her family and tries desperately to get out, but soon wonders if she can actually escape it. It's a true darling book with deeper meanings and is an easy read. I recommend it to anyone who isn't a fan of reading. We're set to read it this semester in my Women's Studies class, and I can't wait to revisit the exciting stories Cisneros creates.



xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.