Monday, September 7, 2009

Ask Secretista: What are your wardrobe essentials?

And, I'm back.

I apologize for my blogging absence. For the past couple of weeks, my life has been nothing but Resident Assistant and back-to-school shenanigans. But I'm back and on the blogging attack. I might be speaking too soon though. New York Fashion Week starts on Thursday September 10, 2009, I return to my internship on Friday September 11, 2009, and until NYFW ends, I will be running around like a chicken with its head cutoff in platform heels.

Continuing with my question and answer series, one reader asks, "What are your wardrobe essentials?"

Everyone has a different style, so a person's style has a lot to do with what they consider their wardrobe essentials. Since I consider myself somewhat a person with a crazy/conservative sense of style, I'd say my must-haves include a high waisted skirt, flowy top, jeans and statement shoes.

High Waisted Skirt
A skirt is an easy way to go from casual to dressy. Wear a high waisted skirt and you'll pump up the edge on your girly look! Skirts are also more versatile than pants. I'm in love with these picks from College Candy.

Flowy Top
I'm all about flowy tops. My mid section is one of the areas on my body that I am extremely insecure about. To hide my imperfections, I wear a flowy top. I'm a fan of belting it because it gives me shape while hiding the extra baggage.

Jeans
Sure I've lost all hope in jeans. But when I find a good pair, I wear and tear them to death. Jeans are an essential in my wardrobe simply because the right one can be worn with anything. Enough said.

Statement Shoes
Someone once said, "You can judge a person by the shoes they wear." I happen to agree with that statement. Next time you're out and about, look at the shoes of the people walking past you. A shoe can say a lot about a person. That's why most of the shoes I own are unique and one of a kind. Also, a shoe that makes a statement can save an outfit and turn an outfit from simple to simply chic!

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.