Thursday, October 8, 2009

15 Internships in 4 years

Intern Queen say what?!

At the beginning of one of my journalism classes, a classmate of mine pulled up the Ed2010 web page and said out loud, "This girl did 15 internships!" With my eyes wide open and jaw dropped, I said, "WHAT?!" I went on the Ed-site and couldn't believe what I was reading. Lauren Berger, aka, the Intern Queen managed to complete 15 internships in 4 years. I became overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions! I was astonished because seriously, how does someone complete 15 internships in 4 years(?); I was embarrassed because I thought my internship track record was pretty impressive (guess not); I was confused because, I wondered where her college life came in. I know I am a very busy college student. I barely have time to blog anymore! Let me digress. In between school, being a Resident Assistant, my extracurricular activities, internship, and somewhat existing social life, I find myself sleep deprived and relying on my weekends to be the lazy bum I've always wanted to be. But then, to be fooled because my weekends give me a false sense of reality. I wake up at 8am 6 days a week. That's 6 days a week of early days and late nights. Back on topic, I was excited because I think it's pretty cool that someone managed to do that and was turning it into sweet career; she helps young adults get closer to their future with internships.

The Intern Queen offered up some great interning advice! Check it out on Ed2010.com.

Well, please excuse me as I try to get in at least 5 hours of shut eye. Not sure when I'll blog again, but I hope it's... tomorrow!

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.