Friday, November 27, 2009

Self Control -- Try It!

Acrostic Poem of Secretista
An acrostic poem a friend recently made for me.
The first "A" pushed me to want more self control in my life.

I've recently discovered this amazing thing called self control. Have you heard of it?

Growing up, I never had it because by nature I have an obsessive personality. When I love or do something, I do it to the max because I believe in nothing but success. I'd like to call this passion. I'm a passionate person and find everything about life exciting! Well anyway, I recently conjured up the idea that I need a little self control in my life.

The past month or so has been hell on Earth for me. I'm an overly involved college student who's a somewhat perfectionist. I stay up until the wee hours of the morning doing school work and other tasks, only to get a couple hours of shut eye. I then have to force myself to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my 9am class, job, internship and well, day. My unruly late nights then leave me engulfing fatty snacks, forgetting to hit the gym, catching a SINUS INFECTION and working myself to exhaustion. Despite all this unpleasant craziness, I love my life. I love being a busy body. But I think the time has come for me to say, enough is enough.

I'm going to be exploring self control by being more strict on my bedtime schedule, restricting the amount of work I put on my plate, not blowing my hard earned cash on delectable shoesies from ALDO and just leading a healthier lifestyle.

The first step into self control I took was not buying these bad boys I told you all about. ALDO is having a sale and I decided to get more for my buck. I bought two much-needed flats for the price of one! Being that I am going to see The Script in a little over a week with one of my good friends, I think a flat will go with whatever outfit I decide to wear. Now, this doesn't mean I won't get them. I'm just going to wait until I have the money.

Needless to say, I think we could all use a little self control in our lives...

xoxo
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.