Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Single Kind of Life

One student faces the continuous question in every SINGLE college girl's life. "WHY Am I Still Single?"
This question hits home with me. I've been single for as long as I can remember (my whole life actually), which I don't mind because I think everyone should enjoy being single and not just jump from relationship to relationship (**cough**cough** you know who you are). However, I sometimes sit alone in my dorm room and wonder if I will ever find Mr. Right. I blame this on my parents, simply because the two love birds met each other when they were 16 years old and have been together ever since--they're both approaching their late 50s--giving me only the fairytale sense of love.

Moving on, I, like the College Candy writer, am in love with the VH1 reality show Tough Love. I think Steve the resident Love Guru is amazing. However, I do not have any of the same problems as the girls on the show except one. The only problem I think I may have is that I'm too career minded and don't make time for men (no boys please)... I really should you know. But, who has that kind of time when you're too busy trying to make a life for yourself that you'll love? Did I mention I depend on myself, with the once-in-a-lifetime help from Mom and Pop? Sigh. I'm just a lonely and single independent lady (cue Destiny's Child "Independent Woman").

Ladies, it's not easy being independent...





xoxo

P.S. I do know that in a relationship the man has to feel like "the man." It's just getting "the man" that's the hard part. I may be an independent woman, but I still need a man.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.