Sunday, August 3, 2008

My College Fashion

We've all got our favorite fashion era, and for me, it happens to be the 1960s. As one of the defining periods for fashion, I just love how simple or daring the outfits of the 1960s were. So as I have to go back-to-school shopping in a week, I can't help but wonder, "what could I wear that will reflect my love for the 60s?" Well first things first, I must educate myself on 60s fashion (you should too, it's fabulous!), for it's much more than the little black dress worn by Audrey Hepburn.

I've mocked up a typical everyday outfit for my life as a college student. Imagine, the day's temperature is in the high 70s and the sun is shinning ever so brightly. I have class at 9 am, but I missed my 8 am alarm and it's now 8:30. I have 20 minutes to get ready. What do I wear?! Well...


Photobucket
All from Forever 21


Dress. I believe every girl should own at least one dress. Once again, call me old fashion, but a dress is the ultimate way to look instantly put together and cute! During the school year I live in dresses because I have a lot of missed alarm mornings and a dress makes me feel presentable.

Hat. Err... who has time to do their hair when they've got 20 minutes to get ready?! All I need to do is comb my hair down and throw on a hat. Voila! I don't have to worry about what my hair looks like all day.

Clutch. I have classes back-to-back-to-back from 9 am - 9 pm (usually), so I have a big bag I use to carry all my books and an extra bag will just be a nuisance. I always put most of my necessities in a clutch and throw it in the ginormous bag.

Flats. Uh, does this need an explanation? I love walking around in heels on campus, but sometimes a good flat is what I really need to make sure I make it to class on time and with feet intact.

Jacket. It's always important to carry a jacket or scarf. I can always count on the classrooms to be at least 20 degrees below the outside temperature.

Sunglasses. Hm. You can figure this one out.

What era influences your fashionology?

---
Secretista

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.