Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Intern and The City: Such Little Time

Photobucket



It's late and I'm unbelievably drained from the city. It's amazing how a city with so much life can drain so much out of you. Why is that? By the time I get home, it's usually time for me to wind down and sleep. However, I have so much work to do aside from my lovely internship, that I don't go to bed 'til midnightish (and wake up at 6:30 or more like 7:15 with my snooze button). There really just isn't enough time in one day, seriously.

My summer is so busy that I haven't had time to dilly dally with my friends, so when my hippie friend from school called to chit chat, I was oh-so delighted. My friend Alex is the epitome of a modern hippie. Yes, she showers and all that good stuff, but she's so into eating organic foods and saving the environment, that if you dare eat with a plastic fork in front of her, be prepared for a 15 minute speech on the Earth's environment--haha, I love her and I'm going to miss her as she takes a semester off to backpack through Asia.

Well, I only have about a month and a half left of my internship (I know, time flies), and I don't want it to end. This week my editor hit me with even more responsibility that I feel like come fall, I'll be prepared for whatever magazine internship I snag. Hopefully whatever opportunity comes my way this fall I'll learn a lot, because that's what I'm all about--learning new things about the industry of journalism/magazine publishing.

---
Secretista

P.S.
Check out the update I wrote today. It's by far my favorite. Hmm. It might be because I once had a slip of the tongue during an interview, but you learn and you move-on. The update is perfectly titled Diarrhea Of The Mouth. Wow, I just love anything to do with bowel movements, don't I?
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
 
BACK TO TOP


Copyright © Secretista 2007-2010
All Rights Reserved.